Highlights of my projects from the recent and further past. Most of these were teamwork projects where I took leadership or significant part that required in-depth understanding of the technologies mentioned below.
A Web Audio and Video Project
Oct 2017 to present • Client: why do birds
An interaction heavy audio-video application that runs in modern web browsers. Details of this product must remain secret for now.
- Vue.js and Vuex for UI prototyping and final implementation
- Web Audio API for processing audio signals (wrapped by Tone.js)
- Webpack and Node.js for development tooling
Microservice Project for the Automotive Industry
* The main client is a Fortune Global 500 company but can not be named here due to NDA.
A microservice for the Java EE platform consuming data from Kafka, turning it into a time series database exposed via a REST API over HTTP.
As a software architect on a small team my role included a wide range of responsibilities from making sure the development follows the detailed specification and internal corporate software standards to building features and making sure they are shipped to the client’s infrastructure.
- Java 8 EE application running on Payara Server
- JAX-RS and Swagger for implementing REST endpoints
- Kafka for consuming incoming data
- Cassandra NoSQL database for big data persistence
- Multi-project multi-module Maven setup for dependency management
- OpenShift and Jenkins for continuous delivery
SoundCloud Partner Tools
2012 to 2017 • Employer: SoundCloud
A series of ongoing projects of business-to-business services to SoundCloud’s key partners ranging from large international record labels to small independent ones. The implementation involved building well scoped (micro)services.
- Scala, Java and (j)Ruby for business logic and internal APIs
- Finagle Framework for concurrent RPC
- MySQL, Cassandra and Hadoop for storing and processing data
- Messaging with RabbitMQ and Kafka
- Continuous delivery of Docker containerized applications to Kubernetes
- Team owned most of the DevOps duties
2014 • Employer: SoundCloud
Complete rewrite of the performance analytics pages SoundCloud provides to the music creators on the platform.
- D3.js for data visualization
- Backbone.js for user interface
- Node.js and Webpack front-end developer tooling
- Go and Scala for the supporting microservices
2013 to present • Open source project
Started as an afternoon hack now used by thousands daily SoundCleod is a desktop application which brings SoundCloud to macOS and Windows without using a web browser.
- Built using Electron to wrap SoundCloud’s web application
- Freely downloadable open source software with external contributors on GitHub
- Deployed using a (mostly) automated automatic update process
Gawker Web Performance Optimization
2012 • Employer: Gawker Media
Lead the optimization project which eliminated front-end bottlenecks and reduced page load time from 5 to 3 seconds (50%) on all websites of the Gawker Media blog network (Gawker, Lifehacker, Kotaku, Gizmodo).
- Various web performance analysis tools for finding bottlenecks
- Introduced Backbone and RequireJS for a better front-end architecture
- Scala on the back-end
iWiW.hu Social Network
2005 to 2011 • Employer: Virgo Systems
iWiW was the number one social network in Hungary before Facebook. I participated in various sub-projects during the years worked at Virgo Systems.
- Java (J2EE) with Maven on the back-end
- Implemented API’s for third parties with OpenSocial and OAuth